This list of 10 crochet books for all crochet skill levels has so many beautiful crochet projects, tips, and tricks. It has been so much fun putting these books together for you. I have purchased them and it is amazing how they inspire my next crochet project sometimes using the whole pattern, learning a new stitch or technique, or seeing color choices used in projects.
Post contains affiliate links*at no additional cost to you for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Crochet for Enjoyment
Having the ability to crochet can transform your life. No matter what skill level you are, books are a great way to learn how to crochet or learn new techniques. The patterns in these crochet books can provide inspiration for hours of enjoyment.
So Many Ideas and Handmade Crochet Projects!
Where to Start…
Here are the 10 crochet books for all crochet skill levels that I just LOVE!
- This crochet book is a best seller. Just page through the book and it will become obvious why. There are step-by-step instructions from the most basic to advanced crochet methods. With over 1,000 close-up photographs featuring real hands crocheting with the yarn. Learn how to shape garments, and fix mistakes. Whether you’re a new crocheter or just want to try new techniques, this must-have resource offers all the know-how you’ll ever need. Get your own copy today here.
2. The Crochet Stitch Bible contains over 200 stitches explained in full. It is a perfect starter guide for beginners. While still providing advanced projects and details for experts too. The handy spiral bound design allows this book to be laid open on a work surface for easy reference. This crochet book makes a wonderful addition to the library of any crocheter. Includes step-by-step instructions. Get your own copy today here.
Finishing Touch with Crochet Borders
3. I have learned that a border can add just the right amount of finishing touch to bring a crochet project from done to WOW. A crochet border is the perfect finishing touch on the edges of any crochet project. Figuring out how to add a border can be a challenge sometimes. Determining the best look for the border can be just as challenging. However, this collection includes 150 vibrant crochet frames to suit every fiber need. With color photographs that showcase the beautiful details of each technique. Now painless, marvelous crochet borders are just around the corner! Get your own copy today here.
4. If you are new to a corner-to-corner crochet project, starting off with a smaller square can be much less daunting than an entire afghan. However, as you can see from the cover photo on the book, these squares can be joined into a beautiful lap throw. Corner-to-Corner is a fun and unique way of crocheting! Follow a pixel graph. Incorporate virtually any character or image you want into a crochet blanket. This great book includes how-to instructions and step-by-step photos. Also included are instructions for 5 cute throws. All designs are made using #4 worsted-weight yarn. So many great ideas and detailed instructions are in this book. Get your own copy today here.
5. Crochet for beginners is full of color photos and diagrams to make it easy to learn crochet stitches. Complete your first crochet project. This books is very specific about not only how to start crocheting, but how to improve your skills with a range of techniques and crochet patterns. Learn to make just about anything you want, quickly and easily. All you have to do is look at the pictures and diagrams. Make any of the 21 crochet patterns included in the book. This book teaches you to complete every single one of the patterns. Even the most advanced ones; in less than three days. Get your own copy today here.
So many Gifts For Me and You!
6. Just the title of the book, Edward’s Menagerie, makes me want to open the cover and find a favorite friend to crochet. These cute animals with larger-than-life personalities are made using simple crochet techniques and the step-by-step instructions enable a complete beginner to get hooking straight away. Each animal also has a universal pattern where you can change your hook and yarn to create four different sizes, making 160 different possibilities. Be warned that these unlikely characters made using a supersoft yarn in a sumptuous natural colour palette will become your new best friends as you hook your way through the whole menagerie! Get your own copy today here.
7. The complete book of crochet stitch designs has 500 designs that range from classic patterns to originals you’ll find nowhere else, this book is considered a benchmark needlework reference! This stitch work classic features 500 designs ranging from traditional patterns to original motifs—and crocheters of all levels will find essential information and inspiration on every page. Each design features a close-up color photograph, a diagram showing each stitch and its placement, and easy-to-follow instructions. A pictorial index displays thumbnail views of the designs for easy selection and navigation. Get your own copy today here.
Kitchen Crochet Projects
8. I just love handmade dish cloths. Therefore, I had to include this crochet book of floral dishcloths. They would make such a great gift to give that is quick and fun to make. Just look at the cute display of dishcloths on the cover of the book. Stitch a dozen fabulous dishcloths! These pretty designs are made using Premier Yarns Home Cotton #4 worsted-weight yarn and a size I/9/5.5mm crochet hook. Skill Level: Easy to Intermediate. Get your own copy today here.
9. This collection of crochet afghans and throws has raised to bar for innovative and fun-to-crochet styles. Get inspired with classical updated patterns, romantic and feminine patterns, quick-to-crochet big and bulky afghans, and newborn collections. Patterns include pictures, special stitches, great color combinations, assembly, and complete instructions for you to make your very own masterpiece. Get your own copy today here.
10. These 12 designs are made using sport-, light-, worsted- and bulky-weight yarns. Book includes a variety of styles from Baby, masculine, feminine to fun! Great projects for family and friends.I just love the look of these modern beauties. They are on my project list. Get your own copy today here.
A Bakers Dozen in Books
11. In this all-crochet addition to the One-Skein Wonders® series, there are 101 projects. Each one used just one skein of yarn. These include jewelry, scarves, bags, hats, dresses, and home decor items. Projects organized by yarn type and weight. Crochet lacy shrugs for the springtime and heavy-duty beanies for the snowy winter months. Whatever your experience level, you’re sure to find a delightfully portable project that suits your individual style. Get your own copy today here.
Just Love the Look of Cable
12. Celtic crochet patterns have always drawn me in. Create a sweater with beautiful cables. Learn how to use basic crochet stitches to create the same stunning effect on sweater wraps, stoles, cardigans, and more. This book features easy projects, such as hats, scarves and device covers, and more difficult projects, including sweaters, wraps and blankets. Make the Hialeah Honey Baby Blankey to swaddle a newborn. Create the Inisheer Sweater Wrap to stay cozy in cool weather. The Cables Meet Lace Cape is perfect for evenings out. Finally, the Pennywhistler’s Pack will let you carry your essentials on any day trip. These Celtic-inspired stitches and projects are the perfect addition to your crochet repertoire. Get your own copy today here.
13. With the granny square being such a popular and fun way to make an afghan and throw, it seems that this list just wouldn’t be complete without a book on granny squares. Granny squares are to crochet what pieced squares are to quilting. They originated with pioneer women using up precious scraps of yarn to make blankets for their families, and over the years. Many names of patterns have been handed down from one generation to the next. There is a treasury of 75 different granny square motifs. Using time-tested stitches, today’s crocheter can design her own projects. Passing down the joy of crochet from one generation to another. Each generation finds new uses and artistic ways to interpret granny squares. Get your own copy today here.
If you loved this post, share on your fave social media links. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
Here are some of my favorite crochet patterns for you.