When I signed up for Amazon Prime several years ago, it was to save money on all of the shipping costs. In the first year, I saved my Amazon Prime membership fee at least three times over by all the fast and free shipping I used. However, the Amazon Prime membership has expanded to offering you so many other savings that I thought I would share information with you on the 17 Amazon Prime Benefits that you didn’t know existed…or at least I didn’t know.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
My sister is very good at finding and clipping coupons. I love shopping with her as she always something that will save me money. However, that is not something that I am good at. It takes time to plan and find savings. I was working full-time, farming with my husband, was going to school part-time, and somehow had to take care of the family, clean house, do laundry, and cook meals. Therefore, I rarely have time to even go to the store to get what we need. Amazon was a great way to get the things we need delivered right to us and with the free shipping on most items, I felt like I was being prudent about saving money too.
Try it Before You Buy it
Amazon lets you try Amazon Prime for 30 days before you pay for it. For one month, Amazon Prime is free. This is the time for you to use all the free things that are available to you.
- PRIME DELIVERY: Fast, free delivery on over 100 million items.
Students get 50% off of Amazon Prime membership. Amazon searches for special deals for students as they partner with vendors. If you have a child in school, this is a great deal.
Lightening Deals. Amazon has something called lightening deals on a wide variety of products. Amazon Prime membership members get access to these deals 30 minutes early!
Stream or download hit movies, TV exclusives, and more
- PRIME FOR GAMERS: Perks for Gamers
- PRIME MUSIC: Millions of songs for every moment
- PRIME ORIGINALS: Prime Original Series and more
- AUDIBLE CHANNELS: Original audio programs for life on the go
- ALEXA VOICE SHOPPING: The simplest way to shop. Just ask Alexa.
- JUST WITH PRIME: Exclusive brands and deals available only to Prime members
- AMAZON FAMILY: Save on supplies for the family
- PRIME READING: Prime members read free
- AMAZON FIRST READS: Read next month’s new releases today
Bonus For Kids
UNLIMITED ACCESS TO KIDS MOVIES: one month free trial! FreeTime unlimited gives access to great content for kids. FreeTime Unlimited is an all-in-one subscription that gives kids access to thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games. Get age appropriate programming; 3-5, 6-8, 9-12.
Bonus Cash Back
5% SAVINGS CARD: Earn cash back with Prime Rewards
Bonus Picture Storage
PRIME PHOTOS: Unlimited, free photo storage
Get Groceries Delivered to Your Doorstep
AMAZON FRESH: Grocery delivery. With this service, you can skip shopping and spend more time doing the things you want to do. Get a wide selection of fresh groceries right to your home when it is convenient to you.
AMAZON HOUSECLEANING: I was very surprised to see that I could order housecleaning through Amazon. I got upfront pricing for the services I wanted. The cleaning people are vetted so you get the local professionals doing the work for you.
When you are looking into housecleaning, you can also order these services!
- Assembly of furniture and other equipment
- Home Repair such as, plumbing, electrical, heating, and cooling
- Computer and Electronic Repair. Home theater set up, phone repair, computer repair
- Yard Work. Need a handyman? Here it is.
- Smart Home Services. Smart lock, home security, smart thermostat, or any smart switch needed
If you loved this post, share on your fave social media links at the bottom. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
Here are some other saving ideas for you.