Sometimes I want a quick and easy lunch and Tuna on toast is a great way to have a healthy, satisfying meal or snack.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
This is one of those four ingredient recipes that are easy on the budget. A satisfying sandwich by itself. Pair the sandwich with tomato soup for an even better lunch or snack.
Health Benefits of Tuna
Tuna has a number of health benefits that make it a great addition to a healthy eating plan. According to Agarwal (2017), there are a number of health benefits that come from eating tuna.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are good for heart health.
- Potassium in tuna helps lower blood pressure.
- Immune system is boosted by the manganese, zinc, vitamin C and selenium present in tuna. Since tuna is a low-calorie food, it is good for maintaining a healthy weight.
- Vitamin B in tuna helps maintain strong bone and great-looking skin.
- Antioxidants in tuna assist in aids in fighting cancer cells. Eating tuna can improve metabolism, which is good for an active lifestyle.
Variations on the Tuna Sandwich
While this tuna on toast is made with bread and butter pickles, it can be made with dill pickle or a sweet pickle. Additionally, you can add lettuce, tomatoes, and even sliced onions. Remember, I always say, revise the recipe to your taste buds.
Quick and Easy Tuna on Toast
- 4 slices bread Use any kind you like-I used Cottage Bread
- 1 5 oz. container Tuna I like to get the kind packed in water
- 2 TBL. Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- 4 slices Bread and Butter Pickles
- I have a two slice toaster; therefore, while I am mixing the tuna, I have the first two slices of bread in the toaster toasting.
- Open the can of tuna and drain the excess water. Empty entire can into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of Miracle Whip Salad Dressing. Stir until combined.
- Put the next two pieces of bread into the toaster to toast while you are dividing the tuna mixture between the first two slices of toast. Top with two slices of bread and butter pickles. When the next two pieces of toast are done, you are ready to enjoy your sandwich.
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.