Homemade coleslaw is so easy to make. This coleslaw with purple cabbage creates such a beautiful side dish to serve with your favorite meal. This recipe is crunchy, creamy, with a little bit of sweetness.
*Post contains affiliate links*at no additional cost to you for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
This purple cabbage is just so beautiful. There are so many colorful options of vegetables to use in your recipes. While I could use the everyday green cabbage, which I have many times, this purple cabbage just dressed up the side dish so much that I couldn’t pass it up. Just look at this picture of the cabbage and the carrot. I think I could crochet something with these colors…yum 🙂
I have used a box grater to shred the cabbage very fine, or used a food processor grater. For this recipe today, I just used a chef knife and sliced the red cabbage very thin. The carrot was shredded using my box grater.
Food Prep Ahead of Time
The cabbage can be shredded a few days ahead and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to make the coleslaw. The dressing can be made ahead of time too. I generally add the dressing to the cabbage about 1 hour before it is to be eaten. If there is any left over, it will keep in the refrigerator for a day or two; however, the cabbage will get quite soggy. My family still gobbles it up…they don’t seem to mind.
Picture of the Homemade Coleslaw with Purple Cabbage
Coleslaw with Purple Cabbage
- 14 Oz. Cabbage Purple Cabbage for this one-shredded
- 1 medium to large Carrot shredded
- 1 Cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Sugar adjust to taste
- 1/4 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- Pinch Salt adjust to taste
- Pinch Pepper adjust to taste
- Shred cabbage and carrot.
- Mix Miracle Whip salad dressing, milk, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Until mixed and creamy
- Pour salad dressing over shredded cabbage and carrot. Mix.
- 4. Spoon into serving dish and Enjoy
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.