This flavorful chicken and vegetables is so easy to make for a delicious weeknight meal. If you are looking for a restaurant quality recipe to make at home, this one is for you.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
It takes about 45 minutes from start to amazing food that is sure to please your pickiest eater. The asparagus and zucchini help make the dish taste so fresh. Use a few simple ingredients to make flavorful chicken and vegetables.
Rotisserie Chicken and Mushroom Recipe
My daughter brought over a small rotisserie chicken and two containers of Portabella mushrooms. She is going on her honeymoon and did not want them to spoil. So, I looked around my kitchen to see what I had and made this delicious pasta dish for dinner. To be honest, the only thing I am missing is a dinner roll to help dip in the sauce. My husband used a piece of bread, I would have liked a dinner roll. Either way…delicious.
Save Time In Meal Prep
To save time in your cooking, when you are sauteing or boiling something, that is a great time to prepare the next part of the meal. In this case, I used the time to cut up the vegetables and get the chicken off the bone and cut up. I had used pre-shredded cheese for the topping; however, if I had to shred cheese, this would have been a good time to do that as well. Also, I could bake a chicken and use that to make this dish; however, using rotisserie chicken is such a time saver that I use it often in a variety of dishes. (If you cook the bones, it makes great chicken broth. If you don’t have time right away, freeze it and cook it later).
You will want to use a large skillet for this. I cooked the items one at a time, I put them all together at the end to incorporate the flavors. So, you will want room. I used a big one like this.
This would be good with a few slices of tomatoes cut up. Adding it as a topping, not cooked in would give it more fresh flavor. Of course, as mentioned above…I would add dinner rolls. The only other thing is maybe a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Since this is being eaten by my husband and myself tonight, I think that this will be how I will serve our left overs tomorrow.
I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe and add it to your weeknight meal menu.
Flavorful Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 Chicken I used a small Rotisserie chicken-meat taken off the bone and cut to bite-sized pieces
- 2 8 oz. Baby Portabella Mushrooms sliced (16 oz. total)
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 4 small Zucchini diced into about 1 inch pieces
- 1 bunch Asparagus diced into about 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 Cups whole milk
- 1 12 oz. Wide egg noodles cooked and drained
- 2 Tbl. Soy sauce
- 1 Tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tsp. pepper
- Parmesan/Romano Shredded Cheese enough for sprinkling on top
- In the large non-stick skillet, saute the sliced mushrooms and 2 Tbl. butter. While that is cooking, take the chicken off the bone and cut into bite sized pieces. (also, to save time, be boiling the water in a covered kettle).
- Once the mushrooms are browning, they are done. Remove them from the pan. I just put then in a bowl and set aside. Next add the olive oil with the Asparagus that has been cut up. Cook this until the green changes color to a bright green-about 5 minutes. Then add the cut up zucchini. Cook approximately 5 minutes more.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir to incorporate. Cook about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms back in. Add the chicken pieces.
- Cut up the cream cheese into about 8 pieces and put around the pan so it starts to soften and melt. Once the cream cheese starts to melt, add the milk and the soy sauce. Stir to incorporate the cheese and the milk. Once the cheese and milk are incorporated nicely, turn off the heat and cover.
- Add the egg noodles to the boiling water. Cook until done and drain. Do not rinse.
- Plate by spooning some noodles on the plate and topping with the chicken and vegetables. Make sure to get some of the delicious sauce. Top with the Parmesan/Romano Shredded Cheese. Enjoy.
Your Own Private Notes
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.