The French break bake for two is so simple and yet fancy enough for a special breakfast in-bed kind of meal. Mix the ingredients, bake, and enjoy the full-flavor creamy bread.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Easy Baked Recipe
This meal is very easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time and reheated. Enjoy a cup of coffee while you cook. Mix the ingredients and get it in the oven, it is as simple as that. If you are entertaining, this recipe allows you to spend time with your guests.
My husband normally puts maple syrup over his pan cakes and french toast. With this recipe, he doesn’t need to. He said it is more like a dessert or like bread pudding than anything. He has this on his “ask” list for breakfast food.
Cook for a Crowd
While this was made in a cast iron skillet today, it could also be made for a crowd. Double the recipe and bake it in a 9X13 pan or even the crock pot. just adjust the baking times.
Use that Stale Bread
If you are a saver like me, you will soon realize that this is a recipe that is perfect for using up that stale bread. Personalize this recipe with your tastes. You can certainly use a wide variety of bread. Use what you like to eat.
Almost like Bread Pudding
Breakfast in Bed Day Recipe
Whether it is for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or some other special occasion to serve breakfast in bed for someone. This is so easy and would mean so much to the lucky recipient that gets to enjoy this French Bread Bake.
No matter which way you try, I hope that this will become one of your go-to recipes for french toast bake.
French Bread Bake for Two
- 12 slices french bread I get mine on sale and use that to save money
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 eggs large
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbl vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbl water may need a scant more depending on desired consistency
- Prehead oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet or (melt butter and pour in 8×8 cake pan)
- Put the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Use whisk to mix all the ingredients. note: when I add farm fresh eggs. I break them in a bowl first to make sure that they are okay. I break one open in the bowl, add it to the large bowl, and so on. I have another bowl handy for the egg shells.
- Cube 12 slices of french bread and add to the bowl of wet ingredients.
- Mix until all the bread is coated with the mixture.
- Pour the batter/bread into the pan with the butter on the bottom.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Longer if you desire your french bread drier and crispier on top.
- Once done, remove to cool slightly
- Mix the powdered sugar and water together in a bowl.
- Serve individual servings on a plate. Using a spoon, drizzle some of the glaze on top of the french bread bake.
Your Own Private Notes
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.