This Cherry Butter Cake is super easy, tastes great, and is moist. I am a lover of moist cakes – no dry and crumbly for me. Take a few minutes to make a dessert that your family and friends will love.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Easy Dessert Recipe
This recipe I put all the ingredients in the bowl and mixed with a spoon. Very few ingredients and turns out great. While this cherry butter cake is for a 9 x 13 size, you could reduce this recipe in half and make an 8 x 8 or even a bread loaf pan size. Then I would call it a quick bread recipe. While I have not tried it, I am thinking that this would also freeze well. If I was planning on making some cakes and freezing them, I would make them in the bread loaf pan and not add the glaze until I thawed the bake/bread.
Great for a Gathering
If you are needing to bring a dish to pass to any gathering, this is a great go-to recipe. First, it is easy to make. Second, it looks great. Third, you do not have to worry as much about refrigeration when taking a dish to pass without a refrigerator or ice melting. Fourth, it tastes great and you will probably have a few people ask you for the recipe. Last, you will probably not have any left to take home. So, you might need to make two if your family wanted to have seconds of this cherry butter cake.
Find Your Pie Filling Flavor
This can be made with any type of pie filling you wish. Change up the flavors. Reduce this recipe in half and make a quick bread loaf. It is great as a snack cake with the glaze. Just right at the end of a meal. This would also be a good potluck dish to bring. Goes together quickly, but looks great and tastes great.
This cake is ready for the oven
Super Moist Cherry Butter Cake
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) very soft
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tsp. vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can cherry pie filling 21 ounce
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tblsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add all-purpose flour and salt to the creamed mixture.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into prepared pan.
- Spread the cherry pie filling over the batter.
- Spoon the remaining batter over the cherry pie filling and spread to even out layer on cake
- Bake at 375 degrees F for approximately 50 minutes or until center is soft to the touch. Remove cake and cool.
- For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and milk. Once the cake is cool, spoon over the top and spread to the sides.
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.