It seems when I go out to eat and there is an option of getting fried mushrooms on top of a steak, whenever I get that, rarely is it ever cooked to my preference. I often feel like the mushrooms are under cooked and therefore, have little flavor to add to the steak.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
I know, you might be thinking to yourself how picky I must be. Well, today is your lucky day, because I am going to share with you my favorite way to make fried mushrooms.
It is so quick and easy. Also, you don’t just have to have fried mushrooms with steak. We love them by themselves, on pork chops, on chicken, on steak, on eggs…the list goes on. We just love them.
Simple and Easy Recipes with Delicious Results
This is the Lawry’s Seasoned Salt that I mention in the recipe below. You can purchase it easily by clicking on the picture.
Yup, another recipe that my family just loves!
Fried Mushrooms: Hard to Eat Just One
- 16 Oz Button Mushrooms
- 2 TBL Olive oil or butter I have used both and it works either way
- Pinch Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Pinch Fresh ground pepper
- Add the oil or butter to a skillet. Cook on medium-high heat Cut the button mushrooms and add to the pan. make sure to brush off any dirt.
- Stir every few minutes during cooking. After about 5-7 minutes of cooking, they will look like this. (This is usually how I seem to get them from a restaurant…I like mine caramelized with flavor).
- These are fried mushrooms that are done. Notice the caramelized color. The total cook time is approximately 18 minutes. It is well worth the time when you want flavor. Enjoy!
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you! I hope that you liked this recipe.
If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.