This delicious pesto shrimp fettuccine is all about fresh flavors with the tender shrimp and the garlicky pesto sauce. Excite your taste buds. This dish can be made in under 30 minutes. It is a great way to make wholesome food for yourself and family even on a weeknight.
*Post contains affiliate links*at no additional cost to you for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
While I could make my own pesto sauce, I don’t always pre-plan well enough in advance to make meals. Therefore, I often use a combination of homemade and pre-made products to get delicious meals on the table fast. I really like using this basil pesto in my recipes. The nice part is that I can have it on the shelf in my pantry and use it as needed. If I do not use the entire container, I freeze what I have not used. It keeps well in the freezer and is a quick and delicious addition to many recipes.
Removing the Shrimp Tails
I feel like I need to explain why I tell you to remove the tails on the shrimp before cooking in my recipe. I do know that leaving the shrimp on adds even more delicious flavor to the recipe. However, my husband complains or will just not eat a dish made with shrimp that has the tails left on. Why? Because he does not want to take the time to remove the tails. Additionally, when my daughter was young, I removed the tails for her so she did not accidentally eat the tail and choke on it. Therefore, my family has become spoiled and I remove the tails for them.
Pesto Shrimp Fettuccine in Garlic Sauce
- 16 Oz. Fettuccine Pasta
- 3/4 Cup Pesto Sauce
- 2 Tbl. Butter
- 1 Tbl. Garlic
- 3 Tbl. Olive Oil
- 16 Oz. Large Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbl. Parmesan
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a kettle, cook the fettuccine pasta until just tender. When done, drain the water, but do not rinse.
- Rinse and remove the tails on the shrimp and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the shrimp and sauce. In a large saucepan, add the olive oil, butter, pesto sauce and garlic. Cook this mixture on medium heat until just starting to bubble. Add the shrimp cook another 2 or 3 minutes. The key to successfully cooking shrimp is to not overcook it. If you cook shrimp for too long they’ll get tough. They cook quickly and as soon as the flesh changes from opalescence to opaque, they’re done. If the pasta is not done yet, turn the heat off on the pan until the pasta is done.
- Once the pasta is done, add that to the saucepan and stir pasta until fully sauce is incorporated throughout. Add salt and pepper to taste. Near the very end, add the Parmesan cheese.
- Top with a bit of drizzled olive oil and parsley. Sometimes I will sprinkle a bit more Parmesan cheese on top too. Enjoy!
Your Own Private Notes
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.