These scrumptious Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Rolls have a crispy outside with a strawberry and buttery flavor. Top this with snowy confectionery sugar and you have a flavor combination that is sure to satisfy.
*Post contains affiliate links*at no additional cost to you for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Café Du Monde
I have been to New Orleans a few times and I have had the pleasure of dining at the Café Du Monde. Often when people use confectioners’ sugar to finish off a dish, they sprinkle the sugar on. That is not the case in New Orleans. Their beignets are sprinkled with mounds of confectionery sugar, which just sends the flavor over the top. So, when I made this homemade strawberry cheesecake egg rolls recipe, I made sure that the confectioners’ sugar was plentiful as well. I just adds such a nice finish to a wonderful dessert.
Easy to Make Appetizer
This Asian inspired dessert is very easy to make. This recipe goes together quickly without much effort. I used frozen sliced strawberries because it is winter now where I live and getting fresh strawberries that are not spoiled or overpriced is difficult this time of year. I always keep some frozen on hand. If you have fresh strawberries, you can certainly use them in place of the sliced frozen berries that I used in this recipe. This recipe does not take much prep work. The hardest part is waiting for them to cool a bit before rolling them in plentiful amounts of confectioners’ sugar. Not to confuse – confectioners’ sugar is the same as powdered sugar.
We ate most of them the first day, but did have some leftover. My daughter liked them better the next day as the egg rolls had lost their crispy outside texture. I liked the crispy outside texture on the first day. It is always good to have people in the family that enjoy their food in different ways. I am able to enjoy the egg rolls on day one and my daughter took care of the leftovers.
Egg Rolls for Dessert
These strawberry cheesecake egg rolls are perfect for special occasions when you want a romantic evening or for entertaining and impressing your company. This would also be great served with whipped topping, ice cream, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Rolls Recipe
- 23.2 Oz. frozen sliced strawberries if you have fresh strawberries, by all means slice and use them
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbl. corn starch
- 8 Oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 Cup whole cream the kind you can use to whip into whipped topping
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 24 Egg Roll Wrappers
- 1 Egg beaten. for brushing on the edge of the egg roll wrapper to seal
- 3 Cups Oil for frying
- 2 Cups confectioners’ sugar for rolling the egg rolls in after frying
- Place the sliced strawberries in a kettle with the sugar, lemon, and corn starch. Bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Blend the cream cheese, whole cream, and sugar until well blended
- Time for assembly. Place a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on a diagonal on the egg roll wrapper. Top with a table spoon of the strawberry mixture making sure to get a few strawberry slices on.
- Using your finger or a brush, brush a bit of the egg wash on the top two sides of the egg roll wrapper. This helps the egg roll seal after folding. Fold the bottom corner of the egg roll over the top of the mixture. fold in the sides and gently roll up. Notice I have not tightly rolled these. It is difficult to do get a tight roll with the soft filling. Therefore, I just loosely rolled and it worked just find. Just make sure that all of the filling is rolled inside the egg roll wrapper.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place 3 or 4 egg rolls in the oil at once. Cook until the egg roll wrapper is turning a golden brown on one side. Flip and cook the other side. This takes approximately 20 seconds on each side. Remove from oil and drain on a plate lined with a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- Cool until you can handle the egg roll. Roll in the confectioners’ sugar and enjoy.
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.