These taco cup appetizers are the ultimate mini version of a taco. Crispy wonton wrappers filled with a delicious taco filling and topped with fresh ingredients is the perfect party treat.
Post contains affiliate links and we earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page. For more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Mini Tacos for a Crowd
Whenever I make these taco cups and serve them at parties, they are one of the first appetizers to disappear.
My family and friends love them, and I love them too because they are so easy to make.
The fresh toppings create a beautiful appetizer too.
How to Make Taco Cup Appetizers
Cook the ground beef and onions. Mix cream of mushroom soup, shredded cheese, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper to the hamburger mixture.
Place a wonton wrapper in each muffin tin cup. Add the beef mixture and bake.
When the wonton wrapper edges are golden in color and crispy, they are ready to remove from the oven.
Add your favorite taco toppings and enjoy.
It is a simple recipe that packs a lot of flavor and crunchy texture.
Why Add Cream of Mushroom Soup to the Hamburger Mixture?
We feel that this adds a delicious creaminess to this recipe. Also, when eating the appetizer, the hamburger tends to stick together a bit better. This helps eating the cup a bit less messy.
Mini Taco Bite Variations
The fillings and toppings are totally customizable.
Swap out the ground beef for ground chicken or pork.
The toppings can be adjusted too. Here are a few ideas for you; green onions, hot sauce, salsa, guacamole, chopped cilantro, sliced olives, minced red onion, refried beans, lime wedges, Pico de Gallo, Jalapenos, or avocado sliced thin would be delicious too.
Game-Day and Holiday Appetizers
Perfect recipe for an easy weeknight meal or a party.
Appetizers built for gameday, birthday parties, and holidays too.
These little mini tacos are fun to eat at a party as people love tacos, but they can be a bit messy. These bite-sized gems are a bit easier to eat and just as scrumptious.
Can Taco Cups Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes, they can. I like the wonton taco shells to be crunchy; therefore, I bake those in the muffin tins ahead of time. Place in an airtight container when cooled.
The ground beef mixture can be made ahead of time, 2-3 days. Store in the refrigerator. When you are ready to use it, just reheat in the pan or a quicker method is a few minutes in the microwave.
The toppings can be prepared 1-2 days in advance. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
Fill the taco cups with the hot beef mixture and add the toppings.
A delicious appetizer that is ready in minutes. This lets you enjoy more time with your guests and have a stress-free gathering.
Make Your Own Taco Seasoning
It just takes a few minutes to make your own taco seasoning mix.
Use Pantry Spices to Create Your Own Mix. With just Seven Ingredients you will be on your way to mixing up your own batch of seasonings.
Taco Cup Appetizers
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef I use 90% lean
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 Ounce Taco Seasoning
- 10 ½ Ounces Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Tomatoes Diced
- ¼ Cup Lettuce Shredded
- ¼ Cup Hot Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a skillet, add the ground beef. As the beef is cooking, make sure to break it up into small pieces.
- When the beef if almost done cooking, add the diced onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the taco seasoning, salt, pepper, shredded cheese, and cream of mushroom soup to a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked beef and onion mixture and stir to combine.
- Place one wonton wrapper into the bottom of each muffin cup. This makes approximately 24 cups. You can spray each cup with a bit of cooking spray if you think they might stick. However, I have not had a problem with the wonton wrappers sticking at all.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the wonton wrapper filling each approximately half full. About 1 heaping tablespoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are browned and cheese is melted.
- Top each taco cup with a small dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of lettuce, tomatoes, and hot sauce if desired.
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.