Apple Blondies are just a perfect way to use those fresh apples in the fall. Send these apple bars over the top with a large scoop of ice cream.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
In the Fall, we have many kind neighbors and friends that bring 5 gallon pails of apples. They are all type of varieties. We are not picky; they are all delicious. Make apple sauce, cakes, pies, and even freeze some for later use. We are very lucky to have such a tasty abundance of apples. Check out the other apple recipes too…
Fruit All the Way Through
These apple blondies batter has a consistency that is thick; a bit more like a brownie. With the apple incorporated throughout, there is a nice fruity flavor. This is a quicker way to get the taste of an apple pie without making the dough and rolling out the crust. Put all the ingredients in the pan and dust generously with sugar and cinnamon. Yum.
These bars are just delicious.
Changing the Size of the Baking Pan
If you would like a thinner bar, I would make this in a half sheet pan 18 X 13. This is a nice professional sheet pan. I use these all the time. Very handy for the home cook too.
I made this batch of apple squares in a regular cake pan 9 X 13. This is a nice covered non-stick cake pan. Another kitchen tool staple of mine.
Toppings for This Dessert Recipe
This is a scrumptious snack on its own; however, these apple bars are even better with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. No matter which why you prefer, enjoy your homemade dessert.
Here is a delicious deep dish apple pie recipe too.
Apple Blondies Batter
- 3/4 Cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 Cups brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 3 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Tsp. salt
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3-4 Cups Apples Peeled and diced
- 1 Cup Walnuts chopped (optional)
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbl. Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 x 13 cake pan with cooking spray.
- Using a mixer, mix together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Until the sugar is dissolved. The mixture will have turned a lighter color. Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt & baking powder, mix well.
- Add flour a cup at a time and mix. The batter will be thick. Remove from the mixer and add the apples and walnuts (if desired) and mix by hand.
- Spread mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and the 1 Tbl. of ground cinnamon.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before eating.
- Once cooled, cut into bars and enjoy!
Your Own Private Notes
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.
You can find Victoria crocheting, quilting, and creating recipes. She has worked in restaurants for many years. Her many crochet patterns and quilt patterns are enjoyed by many. In her professional career, she has worked in management in a wide variety of businesses including higher education as a dean of a division. All the while attending college part-time to achieve her doctorate in higher education with an emphasis in e-learning.