This classic BLT sandwich is one of those awesome summer foods. When the tomatoes from the garden are ripe, it is time to break out the bacon and lettuce. This BLT sandwich has been a family favorite since my childhood.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
A word about Tomatoes
This can be made with any tomato. However, I do prefer a beefsteak tomato. They are flavorful, large, and just the right amount of firmness. Normally, one slice of a beefsteak is enough to cover your bread. Yum.
Create a BLT buffet for your guests or family. Place the Bacon, Tomato, Lettuce, and all the fixings for this flavorful recipe in containers. They will thank you for this. Some people like more or less of each ingredient. Let them build their sandwich just the way they like it.
Just a Classic Sandwich
Soft Bread or Toasted Bread
In our family, I get the bacon cooked, the tomatoes slices thin, and the lettuce pulled apart in leaves. Make sure that both the Mayo and Miracle Whip are available along with softened butter. Then just open the bread bag and put a few slices in the toaster to get started. Some like their BLT Sandwiches toasted and others like their BLT with soft bread. Call the family in and stand back. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
It does not take the family long to assemble their BLT sandwiches.
A Word about Bacon
We are lucky enough to live 15 minutes away from Nueske’s Bacon. This is the bacon that can be found in fancy restaurants throughout the United States. When you live that close and the ingredient is such an important element of the sandwich, the bacon just has to be from Nueske’s.
Classic BLT Sandwich
- 2 Slices bread Whatever kind of bread you prefer
- 2 Tsp. Mayo or Miracle Whipe your preference
- 2 Tsp. butter Optional
- 3 Slices Cooked Bacon sometimes, I put more than 3 pieces in…
- 2 Leaves Lettuce large enough to cover the bread
- 1 Slice Tomato large enough to cover the bread – you may have to use two tomato slices to do this, but that is okay
- Cook the bacon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes. Separate the lettuce into leaves.
- Either toast the 2 slices of bread or leave soft, whichever you prefer.
- Spread the butter and Miracle Whip on the slices of bread. Layer on the bacon, lettuce, and tomato. Cut the sandwich and enjoy.
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.