This classic pigs in a blanket recipe is wonderful for getting kids involved in cooking. Once they help make these, they will be willing to eat them too.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Still a Family Treat
While I do not have any young children in my home at the moment, my family still loves to eat these. I surprised my husband with these last week and he raved about how this was one of his favorite meals. Do I dare tell him that I was being lazy and just didn’t feel like fussing about the food? No matter, he was very happy.
Dressed up Hot Dogs can be Yummy
Crowd Pleasing Snack
Place the pigs in a blanket on a pretty plate or a pretty cutting board; display on the snack table at a gathering. They are sure to be eaten quickly as they are a favorite for many. If you have never had a chance to try a pig in a blanket, please do so, I bet you will like it.
Having child-friendly recipes to help your youngster get started in the kitchen make for fun bonding time. When my daughter was growing up, she loved to help me in the kitchen and a recipe like this is perfect. She enjoyed the eating part too and was so proud to be able to proclaim that she made them!
Some people have used cheese hot dogs or put a slice of cheese in the hot dog by making a slit in the middle. They could also be rolled in sesame seeds prior to baking. Serve this snack with a side of Ketchup – perfect for dipping.
Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 Container Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
- 1 Package Hot Dogs
- Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it lightly with oil. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the hot dogs in half. There are 10 Crescent Rolls in the container. This way, there is a 1/2 a hot dog for each triangle.
- Open the container of Crescent Rolls and pull apart the perforated triangles. Place on the baking sheet.
- Place a 1/2 a hot dog in each Crescent Roll triangle. Roll up the Crescent Roll around the hot dog starting with the wider end.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Until the rolls are golden brown.
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.