This crab salad is a quick and easy recipe that can be used in a variety of ways. Have it plain, as a dip, with macaroni, or even on bagels. Whichever way you decide is your favorite, this is a recipe that you will want to save so you can make it often.
There are affiliate & ad links throughout this website. I will receive a commission. More information in the about us section.
Keep the ingredients super simple. Easy meals.
Plain Salad By Itself
This crab salad tastes wonderful all on its own. If you decide to have this dish as-is, you could serve it on a lettuce leaf to be a bit fancy, or in a pretty bowl.
Macaroni Salad with Crab
If you like to make and eat tuna and macaroni, you will probably like this with macaroni. Add two cups of cooked and drained pasta to this recipe for another culinary delight. Serve this as a side dish. Again, great for a dish-to-pass, or other gathering.
If you are throwing a dinner party, going to a pot luck, or having family over for the holidays, you can’t go wrong with serving this as a dip. I would just make sure to chop the ingredients a bit smaller when making the recipe. It will be easier to serve on a cracker.
Pile this High on a Bagel Sandwich
In the photo the crab salad is piled on top of bagels for a delicious duo. However, if you wanted to have this in more of a sandwich form, you could make mini sandwiches out of Kings Hawaiian Dinner Rolls filled with this would be amazing. Yum! In the last few years, we have had these dinner rolls at every holiday meal.
Once you find a recipe that the whole family loves, it is a good thing. Everyone is smiling when we all agree on the food.
Hope this photo entices you to grab a spoon and dig in. Just like you would at home 🙂
Easiest Crab Salad Recipe
- 24 Oz. Imitation Crab chopped
- 1 Green Pepper chopped
- 1/2 small onion diced. your preference on the onion (or green onions)
- 1 Cup celery chopped (or 2 stalks)
- 4 Tbl. Miracle Whip or to taste
- 1 Tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/2 Tsp. pepper or to taste
- 1 Tsp. granulated sugar or to taste
- Break imitation crab meat into small pieces or coarsely chop. Place in a medium-sized bowl. Toss with the chopped green pepper, onion, and celery. Add the Miracle Whip, salt, pepper, and sugar and mix until combined.
- Serve plain or on top of lettuce. Can serve on bagels, or in rolls. Serve as a dip (chop the ingredients smaller so it is easier to spread on crackers or dip into).
- Pile on the crab salad.
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.