This 5 Minute Pink Fluff Salad has only 4 ingredients. Pair that with no cooking and you have yourself a quick dessert. It tastes great too.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Four Ingredient No Cook Dessert
This fresh dessert truly does have just four ingredients. The four basic ingredients are cottage cheese, a packet of flavored gelatin (today I used Strawberry), fruit (can be fresh, canned, or frozen), and whipped topping.
Tah-Dah! That is all it takes to make this quick dessert.
Unexpected Quests? No Problem!
Pull this quick dessert/salad together when you have unexpected guests to feed.
Use your pantry and freezer.
We live in farming country and today was the day we were bailing hay. These are always extra busy days. In the morning, I made some potato salad in anticipation of the meal after the last load of hay was stacked. This is the potato salad I made today, the gang gobbled it up. If you like pickle relish in your potato salad, this is another one of our family favorites.
Did you notice the frozen strawberries in the photo? Yes, I did not have any fresh on hand, so I dug into my well-stocked freezer. By the time we ate the dessert, they were thawed and delicious. BTW, I also had the whipped topping in the freezer. I did thaw that in the microwave quickly before making the recipe.
Since I was in a hurry and needed to get back outside, this was the perfect dessert to make. From start to finish, it truly took me 5 minutes. Add another 5 minutes to do a quick photo shoot and I was done.
We all need delicious and quick recipes like this in our go-to recipe box for our busy days.
No-Bake Dessert Salad
Since it is a no-bake, no-cook fruit dessert salad, you can easily make it a day before your event or dinner. If you happen to have fresh berries on hand, that would make a lovely garnish for each serving.
This pink fluff can be served in a larger serving dish to allow guests to serve themselves. However, this also makes a pretty presentation in fancy dessert cups. It only takes minutes to fill the them. Then just pop them into the refrigerator and you are ready for serving your guests.
While you can make this one day in advance, I would not make it more than one day in advance as it will become a little watery.
While I made this with strawberry gelatin and strawberries today, it would be wonderful with a wide variety of combinations.
- Fresh dark cherries paired with cherry gelatin (there are two versions of the cherry gelatin; one is cherry, the other is dark cherry – yum)
- Oranges with the rind off and sliced or Mandarin oranges paired with orange gelatin
- Raspberries (red or black) paired with the raspberry gelatin
- Peaches paired with the peach gelatin
- There is an island pineapple gelatin that would be lovely with pineapple. However, if you use pineapple, make sure to drain well as it could make this salad watery
The varieties and pairings of flavored gelatin and fruits; canned, fresh, or frozen are plentiful. Try out a few and see what your family enjoys best.
This quick 5 minute pink fluff salad is fresh and light. Just perfect for a dessert on hot summer days.
5 Minute Pink Fluff Salad
- 24 Oz. Container of Cottage Cheese
- 3..4 Oz. Box strawberry gelatin (or any other flavor you choose)
- 2-3 Cups Strawberries
- 8 Oz. Container of whipped topping thawed
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the whipped topping and strawberry gelatin.
- Make sure to stir well to dissolve all of the gelatin powder.
- Add the cottage cheese to the mixture.
- Add the strawberries and stir them in.
- Either spoon into serving dish or individual serving cups. Refrigerate the Pink Strawberry Fluff Salad until serving and garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.