This Fluffy Strawberry Pineapple Dessert has a light fruity and creamy taste. Great addition to any meal. Takes just minutes to make. A delicious take on the ambrosia salad.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Make Ahead Dessert Recipe
This recipe can be made a day or two ahead of time. It is a delicious time-saver in the kitchen. When you are planning your next brunch or Holiday party, this is a fresh and fruity salad addition.
Whenever I am at a party and someone brings this ambrosia fruit salad, I have noticed that it is gone in a flash. This is one salad that I always seem to find room on my plate for. People enjoy eating this from kids to adults too.
It is sometimes those simple recipes we love the most. This is one of them.
Fruit Salad in Minutes
This fruit salad only has 6 ingredients and comes together in a matter of minutes.
- Crushed Pineapple
- Instant White Chocolate Pudding
- Strawberry Jell-o Gelatin
- Miniature Marshmallows
- Cool Whip
Recipes for Kids
If you have a young one in your home that loves to help in the kitchen, this is the perfect recipe for that. Just get all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix.
Today, I used frozen, sliced strawberries, thawed. However, this recipe would work just as well with fresh fruit. Therefore, enjoy this lovely dessert year round. The White Chocolate Pudding gives this salad a delicious creamy taste and just brings the whole thing together for me. Yum!
My daughter prefers the Pink Fluff without the pineapple and marshmallows. That’s okay, we like that recipe too. Give this 5-Minute Pink Fluff a Try too.
Perfect Party Food
Our family has always enjoyed a good fruit salad. When you are in a hurry and need to feed a crowd, this is a perfect party food to serve your family and guests.
Need a dish-to-pass at your next party? No worries. This recipe does not require any cooking.
Make this in minutes and refrigerate ahead of time. No more than a day ahead to avoid the salad becoming a little runny from the fruit juices if it sits over a day.
Light and Fluffy Fruit Salad
People often call this salad “Fluff” because of the light and fluffy texture. However, the addition of mini-marshmallows in this just adds to the fluff even more.
The marshmallows also expand a bit in the fruit salad and help stabilize the liquid.
Using Fresh Whipped Cream Versus Cool Whip
To be honest, I have yet to try that; however, I would bet it would work, if you used stabilized whipped cream. If you have yet to make stabilized whipped cream, I have a recipe you should try for Sweet Stabilized Whipped Cream. When you want to make your next pie and top it with whipping cream, even in the summer heat, it will stay put and not run all over.
However, it might not be as fluffy and I would make this and serve it within 24 hours of being made. Just to reduce the chance that it would become too runny with the juices of the fruit.
Recipe Variations to This Ambrosia Fruit Salad
Today, I made this using strawberries and pineapple; however, there are a wide variety of fruits that would work well in this easy dessert fluff salad.
Note: the fruit can be fresh or frozen, whole or sliced, and the gelatin flavor can be changed to match the fruit that is being used.
- This can be made with cherries, pineapple, strawberries, mandarin oranges, or just about any other fruit you enjoy.
- Chopped nuts of any variety can be stirred in or sprinkled on top.
- Shredded coconut just a half cup adds a nice flavor.
- Change the gelatin flavor or use a sugar-free variety
- Use colored mini marshmallows
- Swap our the full-fat whipped topping for fat-free whipped topping
Fluffy Strawberry Pineapple Dessert
- 8 Oz. Cool Whip
- 15 Oz. Sliced Strawberries frozen or fresh
- 20 Oz. Crushed Pineapple With the juice
- 3.3 Oz. White Chocolate Pudding Jell-o Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 3 Oz. Strawberry Jell-O Gelatin Dessert
- 2 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
- Add the Cool Whip, strawberries, and pineapple to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the mini-marshmallows, white chocolate pudding mix, and strawberry jello mix.
- Mix for 1-2 minutes to incorporate ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.