Easy recipe to make this summer creamy pasta salad. Simple goodness. Scrumptious cold salad for a picnic, family gathering, or everyday family meals.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
My husband actually made up this recipe!
Now, this is a real shocker because he rarely cooks. Over the last forty years, I have taught him how to make a number of recipes and helped him gain some culinary skills. However, him making up a recipe is not a normal thing in our house. The whole family was surprised. It is really good too!
He was hungry for a cold pasta salad and I was not home. Thankfully, his skills are getting better and he was comfortable trying to make a creamy pasta salad by himself. Here is his recipe.
Pasta for This Salad
This salad is made with macaroni today. However, any type of bite-sized pasta would be great in this picnic salad.
Vegetables for This Salad
My husband used frozen vegetables for this salad today because it was mid-winter here in Wisconsin when he made this recipe. Of course, we had snow on the ground. However, this would be great with cauliflower, peas, carrots, broccoli, corn, green beans, tomatoes, onions, etc. If adding these alternative vegetables, Add approximately 1 cup of each diced. The onion I would add 1/2 a cup.
Be creative, this recipe is very forgiving.
Save Time – This Salad is a Great Make-Ahead Recipe
This salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. In fact, we think it tastes even better once the ingredients have marinated together for a day.
Cutting the Vegetables
If you are using fresh vegetables in this healthy summer salad, you may not want to mess up a food processor to get everything cut into bite-sized pieces. Additionally, you may not feel comfortable with a knife. If that is the case, this cute salad cutter bowl might help you get the job done quickly and with no stress.
Creamy Pasta Salad
Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 1 Pound Pasta Cooked and Drained
- 16 Oz. Frozen Mixed Vegetables Thawed (or vegetables of your choice)
- 1 Cup Cheese Diced. Be creative with the type of cheese you add.
- 1 Cup ham Diced. Make sure that it is precooked ham.
- 1 1/2 Cups Mayonaise
- 2 TBL. Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Rinse well with cold water until pasta is cold.
- Place cooked and cooled pasta in a large mixing or serving bowl.
- Thaw the frozen vegetables or dice up the fresh vegetables of your choosing. Add to the cooled pasta along with the ham and cheese.
- In another bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients and pour over pasta and other ingredients.
- Gently fold in dressing until all ingredients are evenly coated. This can be covered an stored in the refrigerator up to one week.
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.