Learn how to make a loaded veggie omelet. If you like the omelet at Denny’s Restaurant, you will like this one too. Very easy to get the same results.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Eat Eggs Everyday: Not for Special Days Anymore
Just look at the photo. The eggs are done nicely without any burnt edges. Additionally, the vegetables are cooked just to the right amount with a little bit of soft crunch yet. This omelet is topped off with diced cherry tomatoes.
So Fresh and Tasty
Copycat Omelet Recipe
It has been a while since I have had an omelet in a restaurant. Our family does not go out for breakfast very often. This past weekend, we did and it was delicious. I was reminded how easy and yummy omelets are to have . We were all going to order eggs and pancakes until someone turned the page and drooled over the omelets. We all had a different omelet. Mine was the Loaded Veggie Omelet. I have recreated the recipe here for you. Enjoy!
Egg Recipe: Quick to Make
This recipe will go quick, so make sure that you have all of your ingredients ready ahead of time. Save time too with little clean up.
Farm Fresh Eggs
The eggs used in this recipe are farm fresh eggs. The yolks in our eggs always seem darker than the eggs purchased in a store. During the winter months, we do use eggs from the store, but as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer, we are lucky enough to get eggs from our own chickens.
We only have two chickens. One is still from when my daughter was a sophomore in high school…she is 23 now. The other two chickens she brought home with this chicken have already passed away. However, we do have two chickens.
Catching a Chicken
Funny story on the second chicken. My daughter and son-in-law were driving to town about a year ago and a lone chicken was on the road. There were no other chickens in sight and we are not aware of anyone having chickens in the area.
They pulled over to the side of the road. My daughter caught the chicken within a few minutes and took her home to be friends with our other chicken. Animals always seem to do better when they are not the only one. That was last year, the chickens are doing very well together and give us eggs most everyday.
Optional Omelet Ingredients
While you can make this recipe just as I did and yes, it is delicious. You can certainly change up the ingredients to meet those taste buds of your friends and family. Here are some other ideas:
- Green (sweet) Peppers
- Change up the type of Cheese-could even be Cottage Cheese
Learn How to Achieve the Perfect Omelet Look with Ease
How to Make: Loaded Veggie Omelet
- 3 Large eggs
- 3 Whole mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 Small Green Zucchini sliced
- 1/2 Small Yellow Zucchini sliced
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 2 Slices Swiss Cheese sliced
- salt To taste (I used this sparingly)
- pepper To taste (I used this sparingly)
- 2 Tsp. butter
- In a non-stick skillet with over medium-low heat, melt 1 tsp. of the butter. Add the sliced mushrooms. Cook a minute or so until they just start to brown and caramelize.
- Add the green and yellow sliced zucchini, and the baby spinach.
- Cook a few minutes until the zucchini starts to brown and the spinach is wilted. Once cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt the other Tsp. of butter in the same pan. While the butter is melting, crack the 3 eggs into a bowl. Using a fork, whip the eggs until well blended. Then pour into the pan once all the butter is melted. Swirl the eggs in the pan to cover the whole bottom of the pan. Add any salt and pepper you wish to add. Cover the pan and cook for a minute or two. Until the eggs are 3/4 of the way set. (I just use the plate I will be serving the omelet on – keeps the plate warm for serving).
- Once the eggs are almost set, remove the cover and distribute the sliced cheese on top. Turn off the heat and using a spatula to help remove the eggs, slide them out of the pan and onto the plate. Then add the already cooked vegetables on top of half of the eggs.
- Now all that is left to do is fold the side of the eggs without any vegetables on it over the vegetables. Top with the diced tomatoes.
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.