This Creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe is a one-pot, 40-minute dinner idea made with juicy seared chicken breasts. Served in a rich and creamy sauce chock full of cream, cheese, cherry tomatoes, dried herbs, and fresh spinach.
It’s easy to make and the flavors are amazing. I always get lots of compliments when I serve it. Restaurant quality family meal at home.
This is a great recipe to use rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken too!
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Tastes Like a Fancy Italian Restaurant at Home!
This recipe is easy and delicious!. Bet you will clean your entire place including all the scrumptious sauce. The creamy sauce paired with the tomatoes, spices, and spinach just sent this chicken over the top. You will think you need to tip the cook in a fancy Italian restaurant when you finish your meal.
Easy Meals like this Tuscan Chicken should be on your go-to recipe list for a busy week. It is easy, quick, and the whole family will love it.
A few slices of crusty bread would pair well with this chicken dish. You will want to make sure that you get every last bit of the sauce.
This evening, my daughter is the one that made this delectable meal. She is quite the cook already. Pasta was the choice of a side dish tonight.
Serve this with wild rice. It is a lovely side dish choice as the sauce blends with the rice and it was creamy and luscious.
Round Out the Meal with a Salad
We enjoyed a Quick Salad before the chicken. Here are a few salad recipes that I think you will enjoy that compliment this dish well.
Taste the Italian flair with this meal, thanks to the spinach, tomatoes, and chicken combined with the herbs, cream and cheese. Get ready for an unforgettable meal.
Easy One-Pan Chicken Dinner
HOW DO YOU MAKE TUSCAN CHICKEN
- Begin with dicing the chicken. While that is searing in the olive oil. Save time by prepping the other ingredients.
- Dice the onions and halve the tomatoes.
- Remove the cooked chicken and add the spices, onions, and tomatoes to the skillet.
- Add the cheese, sour cream and spinach.
- Add the chicken back in and you are done.
Very Simple Chicken Dinner
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
Okay, first you have to have leftovers…I know you might overeat with this recipe. But, in the event that you do have leftovers. Here are a few tips.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate within one or two hours of cooking.
- Cooked chicken is safe in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- The sauce can curdle with reheating, every few minutes stir to help prevent this.
This is a nice food storage container. They are leak proof and air tight.
If you love this chicken recipe, my guess is you’ll love this Marry Me Chicken Recipe. Anything with a name like that has to be good, right?
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 2 TBL. Olive Oil
- 3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Diced
- 1 Small White Onion Diced
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1 Tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1.5 Tsp. Paprika
- 2/3 Cup Chicken Broth or 1 Tsp. chicken bullion dissolved in with 2/3 C. Warm Water
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2/3 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 3-4 Cup Baby Spinach
- 3/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded for the sauce and topping
- Heat olive oil in cast iron pan or skillet. Cube chicken and season with salt, pepper, then toss into the pan and brown. Turning every few minutes.
- While the chicken is browning, chop the onion and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- In a bowl, put in the tomatoes, onions, paprika, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and mix.
- When the chicken is done, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the tomato and onion mix to the pan. Cook until the onions are browned and the tomatoes are wrinkled.
- Add the chicken broth. Be sure to stir and scrape the good bits stuck on the bottom and side of the pan as that's where the flavor lies.
- Bring this mixture to a boil and add the cottage cheese, sour cream, and most of the cheese. Reserve some for the topping. Once the cheese is melted and incorporated, add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add the chicken back into the pan to reheat. Serve hot and enjoy!
Your Own Private Notes
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.