This creamy chicken skillet dinner is just perfect for a weeknight family meal. When you are looking for something that is easy to make, yet scrumptious, this chicken recipe is a go-to recipe for me.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Chicken for This Recipe
Tonight, I used rotisserie chicken. I cut up the whole chicken and added it. However, you can use chicken breasts (about 4), or any other chicken parts that are cooked.
Sometimes, I am lucky enough to find a rotisserie chicken on sale. I will purchase a couple. I take the meat off the bones and cut up the chicken and freeze the meat from each chicken. Then on weeknights, we are able to have a fabulous dinner like this in just minutes.
Serving Suggestions for This Creamy Chicken
However, you can enjoy this with your favorite bread toasted or even a crusty garlic bread. The sauce is great for dipping.
We love having a salad before we eat our meal. It seems to help a bit with our waistlines. This is so hard not to overeat this chicken dish. Here are a few delicious salad recipes we enjoy at our house.
So Simple, Yet, So Scrumptious.
The photo above shows this quick chicken recipe served over the mashed potatoes with homemade garlic bread. Perfect for getting up the last of the sauce.
Altering the Cream Sauce Thickness
If you continue to cook the sauce, it will continue to thicken. The sauce also will thicken more as it cools. If the sauce becomes too thick, you can thin it by stirring milk, half and half, or cream one tablespoon at a time until the sauce is to the desired consistency.
Storing Leftovers * If There Are Any
Place leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
This recipe does NOT freeze well; therefore, I recommend only making enough for your meal plus a day or two of leftovers. However, my son-in-law loves this and I always need to make extra for him so he can take it to work.
I love making people happy through food. Makes me feel appreciated!
Make sure that you take a moment to try these delicious chicken recipes too.
One more note about the recipe. If you are not sure what the packet of Italian Seasoning is, you can find it here.
Creamy Chicken Skillet Dinner
- 2 Tbl. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbl. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Lb. Mushrooms Cleaned and Sliced
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken Cut up (any cooked chicken)
- 1 Large Beef Steak Tomato
- 2 Tbl. Garlic Minced
- 1 Packet Italian Seasoning .7 oz.
- 1 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- 2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil , vinegar. mushrooms, and onions. stir a few times and cook until the onions start to wilt and the mushrooms start to take on the caramelized color.
- Add the Italian seasoning, garlic and cut up (cooked chicken of your choosing). stir a few times, and let cook a few minutes to get warm.
- Add the chicken broth, paprika, cream, and cheese. Cook a few minutes stirring occasionally, just until starting to boil. Turn the heat down and cook until your desired thickness. Normally just a minute or so.
- Lastly, add the diced tomatoes. I like them fresh tasting. Therefore, I do not cook after adding them. The heat from the chicken dish will heat them through just fine.
- Serve right away. Great with a side of mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta.
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.