These Golden Grahams Treats are full of gooey melty marshmallows. If you have 5 minutes, you can make these snacks.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
If you love Rice Krispie Treats, I have a sneaky suspicion you might like these delicious dessert bars. At our house, we like our marshmallow treats to be gooey. If you prefer to have less goo, by all means, use less marshmallows.
However, let me warn you, if you do not use enough marshmallows, your treats will be quite stiff when they cool. When I used to make these years ago, my husband would say, “You can shingle a roof.” Well, no more….just make sure to use plenty of marshmallows. They are crunchy, soft, and gooey deliciousness.
My nephew loves these Rice Krispie Bars. Again, just a few minutes to make and chocolate too!
Want to Add Chocolate to This Recipe?
If you are a fan of Smores, this recipe can have chocolate added two ways.
- Add 8 oz. of chocolate chips when you are adding the Golden Grahams to the melted marshmallows.
- Add 8-16 oz. of melted chocolate to the top of the bars after they have been spread into the pan.
While I am using Golden Grahams today, this can be made with any of your favorite cereals. Fruit loops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Cocoa Puffs are great too. Give them a try.
Easy Indulgent Dessert
Golden Grahams Cereal Treats are the perfect dessert to indulge in when you are craving a delicious cereal fix. They are easy marshmallow treats to make.
With every sticky, crunchy bite, your craving will be satisfied!
I meant to get a photo of these treats cut up individually, but the gang ate the whole pan before I could get a photo of just one. Sure glad I took a few photos while I made them.
You might look at them and think they will be too gooey to hold. They are a bit; however, since the pan is coated with the oil and the spoon that was used to press the treats into the pan was oiled, there is not much mess left on your fingers.
Go ahead and treat yourself.
Golden Grahams Treats
- 4 Tbl. Butter melted
- 20 Oz. Marshmallows
- 11.7 Oz. Golden Grahams Cereal
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. 10-30 seconds.
- Add the marshmallows and mix with the butter to coat the marshmallows. Then microwave 3 minutes.
- Add the Golden Grahams. Use a large spoon that has been sprayed with oil to incorporate the cereal with the marshmallows.
- Turn out into a 9 X 13 pan that has been sprayed on the bottom and sides with oil. Use a smaller spoon that has been sprayed with oil to spread out the mixture.
- Let the mixture cool and enjoy.
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.