Eggs Benedict is a popular recipe for breakfast and brunch. Learn how to easily make this delicious restaurant style recipe at home.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Traditional versus Non-Traditional
The traditional recipe combined poached eggs and Canadian bacon served on top of a buttery toasted English muffin and covered with Hollandaise sauce.
While this is the traditional recipe, this can be changed up to your tastes. Today, I made this recipe using homemade biscuits rather than an English muffin. You could even swap out the Canadian bacon for a slice of ham or a slice or two of bacon. There have been a few recipes that I have seen adding avocado. Someday, I may give that one a try too.
I like to change up recipes and find new flavors.
Buttery Toasted Muffin and covered with Hollandaise Sauce
Easy to Make at Home
Eggs Benedict is often an egg dish that people order in restaurants as a special treat. This is easy to make at home too for everyday meals or even those special occasions like when you want to serve someone breakfast in bed to show you care. How about Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Sweetest Day, Christmas Morning, or some other special occasion like an anniversary.
Taking time to make a special meal is so personal and meaningful. When the recipe is easy and fancy, even better.
Easy No-Fail Hollandaise Sauce
Steps in Preparing the Eggs Benedict
- Make the Hollandaise sauce. Here is my quick no-fail recipe for the sauce.
- Poach the eggs. The egg yolks should be soft and runny while the egg whites are cooked.
- Cook the Canadian bacon, or ham , or regular bacon.
- Toast and butter the English muffin, bread, or biscuit.
- Start with the English muffin or biscuit, then Canadian bacon, poached eggs, and creamy hollandaise sauce. Serve and enjoy immediately
Homemade biscuit, Canadian Bacon, Poached Egg, and Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 Cup Hollandaise Sauce Find that Easy Recipe Here: https://patternprincess.com/recipe/easy-hollandaise-sauce/
- 8 Slices Candaian Bacon Cooked. Can use Ham or Regular Bacon
- 8 Large eggs Poached
- 8 Slices English Muffins Toasted. (buttering is optional). Can use Biscuits or Toast
- Make the Holandaise Sauce. Set aside and keep warm
- Brown the Canadian bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cooking the bacon on both sides.
- Poach the eggs by filling a large saucepan with 3-4 inches of water. Bring water to a gentle boil. Carefully add the eggs into the hot water. Cook for about 3 minutes. Yolks should still be soft in center. Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon and gently place them on a plate. Keep eggs warm until serving. (Hint: I like to crack the eggs in a bowl and use the bowl to slide them into the boiling water).
- Toast the English muffins or your choice of bread. Spread butter on the toasted bread if desired. Top each muffin with a slice of Canadian bacon and one poached egg. Drizzle with Hollandaise sauce on top. Serve immediately and enjoy.
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.