A few months ago, my daughter made a fresh fruit sparkling mimosa. It was a delicious drink for our family gathering. We couldn’t stop filling our glasses.
*Post contains affiliate links*at no additional cost to you for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
This mimosa was so good that we finished it off. Normally, we would have been drinking soda or a mixed drink. It just seems that this simple recipe is a little better option and it was a definite hit with everyone.
Stretch Your Dollar
She made two variations. Some of us liked the recipe with the white sparkling juice and others liked the red sparkling juice version. No matter which one you prefer, this is a very easy recipe to make and it also helps stretch your dollar. Wine and champagne are expensive and the addition of the sparkling juice and fresh fruit helps the bottles go a bit further.
What is a Mimosa?
According to TasteofHome, a mimosa is a mixture of orange juice and sparkling wine. They recommend first pouring the sparkling wine, then topping it with an equal amount of orange juice, and a bit of triple sec. If you have fresh oranges or strawberries on hand, they make an excellent garnish for the rim of the glass.
Well, we say it can be any fruit too.
Add the fruit to the sparkling wine and let sit to infuse the flavors.
This is a wonderful drink to serve for any number of celebrations. It is a fancy drink. Holiday brunch, morning after the wedding, New Years Eve, or a girls night. The list could be long, this mimosa will look and taste amazing.
Easy Drink Recipe That Looks Great in Fancy Containers
We have some beautiful etched glass containers. This is a great way to actually use them rather than let them collect dust. My glass container really shows off the mimosa and lets the freshness shine.
We served the mimosa in wine glasses.
Fresh Fruit Sparkling Mimosa
- 2 Apples Diced
- 1 Cup Strawberries Sliced
- 1 Cup Grapes or Blueberries halve the grapes if using grapes
- 1 Bottle White or Red Sparkling Juice Welch’s 25.4 Oz. bottle
- 1 Bottle Wine or Champagne something you like the taste of
- Put all the ingredients in a beautiful large glass container or punch bowl. Give it a little stir to incorporate the ingredients.
- Use a ladle to scoop and fill the wine glasses. This will help make sure that your guests get some fresh fruit in each glass. I like the eat the fruit at the end of each glass before I fill up again. I like to do this approximately 1 hour before guests arrive to give the fruit time to infuse into the beverage.
Your Own Private Notes
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.