Once you have tried this grilled leftover meatloaf sandwich, you will want to make sure that you make extra in the future. My family just loves this juicy, cheesy, and crispy sandwich as much as they do the meatloaf on the first day.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Simple and Satisfying
It’s one of those comfort recipes that is so satisfying and simple to make. This particular meatloaf recipe is always a hit at our house. It is meaty and cheesy; there are carrots in this recipe too. Get the Best Ever Meatloaf Recipe Here. Just to make you a bit more hungry for this, here is a photo of the meatloaf.
Leftover Meatloaf Sandwich
The leftover meatloaf makes a sandwich that is amazing for a quick lunch or dinner. Excite your taste buds with this delicious sandwich. A slice or two of meatloaf, add cheese, and put this between two pieces bread that is grilled to perfection. Scrumptious!
Choices of Cheese
In this recipe, I used Colby/Jack shredded cheese. However, use the cheese you like. There are so many options to choose from. These are some wonderful melting cheeses:
The meatloaf cuts better if it is cold. Therefore, make sure that you refrigerate the meatloaf before cutting. I like to warm the meatloaf and cheese a bit in the microwave before grilling so the bread does not get overdone trying to warm the meat and melt the cheese. Lastly, I use a non-stick pan for this so I can make sure that all the gooey cheese comes out of the pan with the meat so we can enjoy it all.
Sandwich Serving Options
As you can see from the photos, I have not added any extra condiments. The meatloaf recipe that I make has a wonderful topping already on it and that gives enough flavor for me in this leftover meal. However, there are so many options on what you can add to this sandwich.
- Thousand Island Dressing
- French Dressing
Serve with Hashbrowns
Today, we made homemade hash browns too. We make these restaurant style hash browns all the time at home. when pairing these potatoes with this tasty meatloaf sandwich, well, it is just like eating in a fancy restaurant. Amazing combination! Get the Recipe for the Crispy Homemade Hash Browns here.
Meatloaf Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This recipe is kind of like a meatloaf grilled cheese. Amp up your grilled cheese with this deliciousness.
Grilled Leftover Meatloaf Sandwich
- 2 1/2 inch Slices of Meatloaf Slices better cold the next day.
- 2 Slices Of your favorite Cheese Today I used shredded colby/jack cheese.
- 2 Slices Of your favorite Bread
- 2 Tsp. Butter
- Put the two slices of meatloaf on a plate with the cheese on top. Microwave just until the cheese is melted. About 50 seconds. (This will also take the chill off the meatloaf. Doing this will help ensure that the meatloaf will be warmed through when the bread is done grilling).
- Butter two slices of bread. Place one slice with the butter side down in a frying pan that is on medium heat. Add the warmed meatloaf. Add the other slice of bread on top of the meatloaf with the butter side up.
- Let sandwich cook 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
Your Own Private Notes
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.