This meatloaf recipe is my family’s favorite. There is so much flavor packed inside, and the glaze is scrumptious. This meal is incredibly easy to make! Simply the best ever meatloaf recipe that I have ever had.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Love Your Meatloaf
Think you don’t like meatloaf? It’s okay, I did not like it either. So many people were loving meatloaf though. There must be something to it. I must admit, I was not always a lover of meatloaf. Over the years, I have tried several different meatloaf recipes and they were okay, but nothing that really was that great. Therefore, for years, I rarely made meatloaf.
Then One Day…Meatloaf Success!
Then one day; I stumbled upon a meatloaf recipe that was good. Amazingly, I wanted a second piece. Then I tweaked the recipe slightly. This has become my go-to recipe.
Now I LOVE meatloaf…if it is this recipe!
Hard To Have Just One Piece
I get in trouble with my family on meatloaf days. Why you ask? They eat too much and blame me. I love it! This is our family’s all-time favorite meatloaf. Make a double batch so you have some for the next day.
Mix a few ingredients and bake in a loaf pan for a quick and easy meal.
Great Meal Option
Serve the meatloaf with this mashed potato recipe, some green beans, and you have a delicious homemade family meal that everyone will love. Leftovers will be amazing too.
The Best Ever Meatloaf Recipe
Cooking Container Options
This recipe can be made on cookie sheets. Just shape one or two mounds of the mixture on the cookie sheet. Additionally, two bread loaf pans can be used. Fill them 3/4 full. However, if you have a special meatloaf pan that is made to help the fat drain away from the mixture while cooking; that would be a wonderful way to cook this. No matter what vessel you have to bake this delicious meal in…I have a sneaky feeling…it will work just fine and taste amazing!
The Best Ever Meatloaf Recipe
Best Ever Meatloaf
- 5 Lbs. Ground Beef
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 Cup milk
- 5 Slices White Bread You can use any type of bread-even stale
- 1 Medium onion Diced
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 Cup Carrot Shredded
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbl. Yellow Prepared Mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. F. Prepare 2 loaf pans 9 X5 inch, sometimes I use a 9 X 13 inch cake pan. No matter which you choose, prepare it with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients except for the glaze: the ground beef, eggs, milk, bread, onion, carrots, salt, and pepper. Using your hands, mix the ingredients until incorporated.
- Transfer the ground beef mixture between the loaf pans or add to the cake pan.
- In a clean bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Spread this on top of the ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until meatloaf is cooked through. A thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F. 70 degrees C. Let cook a few minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.