This sweet pepper soup tastes a bit sweet, but very fresh. It is a great soup to make in the winter months. Such a Rich and Meaty soup flavor.
Easy One-Pot Meal
This hearty soup tastes just like a traditional stuffed peppers recipe. It is made with basic ingredients like ground beef, rice, and of course bell peppers. It is the perfect one-pot meal.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
I love the way this sweet pepper soup tastes a bit sweet, but very fresh. It is a delicious soup that you can make in less than an hour, and it is delicious for a cold fall day. The ingredients are easy to find, and you probably have them at home already.
Figuring out the Healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
I first had this in a cafeteria at school. I was a bit skeptical at first, but I gave it a try. See, it pays to try something new once in a while. I liked it so much, I recreated the recipe at home. It did take me a few tries, but i think the recipe I created tastes very similar to what I had and when I do make this sweet pepper soup, it does not last for long. I would bet that even your most picky eater will east this. It is a very satisfying soup and has now become one of our family’s favorite soups.
Ingredients in This Green Pepper Soup Recipe
As soon as the weather starts turning cool, it is soup time in my house. I love to whip up a pot of green pepper soup. It is rich and hearty meal with a few simple ingredients. Unfortunately, it doesn’t last long in my house.
- Olive Oil. if you use extra lean ground chuck, it has a tendency to stick to the pan. Therefore, I use a bit of olive oil to start off the recipe in a large pot.
- Ground Beef. I prefer ground chuck as it is a lean ground beef
- Tomato Soup
- Diced Tomatoes, not drained, pour the whole can in, or cut up fresh
- Celery, diced
- Diced Onions, a medium onion
- Garlic, minced
- Sweet Peppers, diced. It can be green peppers, red, yellow, or mini-peppers.
- Chicken Broth, you could use beef broth if you prefer a deeper flavor
- Granulated Sugar
- Rice. You can use long grain rice, instant rice, or pre-cooked leftover rice
- Water, just enough to fill the kettle, 2-3 cups
Green Pepper Soup Recipe
Our cold winters here call for soups all winter long. I work long hours so I try to have a soup available for the family to heat up. I don’t have to worry so much about if they have something good to eat. This is much better than grabbing chips or something else similar.
Enjoy with a piece of crusty bread or a grilled cheese sandwich. Serve with a side salad.
A quick and easy meal perfect for those busy nights.
How to Make Sweet Pepper Soup
You’re going to love this soup if you like the traditional stuffed bell peppers. It has all the same flavors, but is so easy to make! Instead of stuffing bell peppers individually, you put all the ingredients in one pot and make a delicious soup.
In a large pot add the olive oil and ground beef. Cook on medium-high heat breaking up the hamburger into small pieces as it is cooking.
When the hamburger is cooked through, add the celery, onion, sweet peppers, and garlic. Cover and cook until the vegetables are cooked through.
Next add the tomato soup, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, sugar, rice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Add enough additional water to achieve the desired thickness of the soup.
Bring to a boil and turn off heat; keeping pan covered. The rice will complete cooking in the hot soup in about 30 minutes. Enjoy!
This tiny cup below is my little taste before I feed the crowd.
Easy Healthy Meals
Making a healthy meal can sometimes feel like an impossible task- but not with these amazing ideas. Whether you’re vegan, gluten free, paleo or somewhere in between this list has options that everyone can enjoy.
Enjoy trying out these simple yet flavorful recipes.
Healthy eating doesn’t need to take hours of prep time; we’ve put together a few other recipes to pair with this delicious soup.
This creamy crab pasta salad goes together quickly, and we love the mixture of imitation crab, vegetables, and an easy homemade dressing.
Easy as 1-2-3 to get homemade taste from store bought pickles.
This roasted beet salad with beet greens and Feta uses all of the nutritious goodness of beets.
How Long Will Stuffed Pepper Soup Last
This soup is perfect for meal prepping. Once the soup cools down, place in individual containers and it will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator. We generally reheat in the microwave for a few minutes before serving again.
These left overs can be frozen too. Just place in a freezer-safe airtight container and it will last up to 4 months in the freezer. When you are ready to enjoy, just thaw and reheat.
Sweet Pepper Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-5 pounds hamburger I prefer ground chuck
- 10 3/4 ounces tomato soup I prefer Campbell’s
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes not drained, pour the whole can in, or cut up fresh
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 pound sweet peppers diced-can be any kind of bell pepper, mini pepper
- 16 ounces chicken stock I had some in the freezer and used that
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup rice
- water enough to fill kettle
- In a large pot add the olive oil and ground beef. Cook on medium-high heat breaking up the hamburger into small pieces as it is cooking.
- When the hamburger is cooked through, add the celery, onion, sweet peppers, and garlic. Cover and cook until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Next add the tomato soup, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, sugar, rice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add water to the desired thickness of the soup.
- Bring to a boil and turn off heat; keeping pan covered. The rice will complete cooking in the hot soup in about 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Your Own Private Notes
How Long Will Stuffed Pepper Soup LastThis soup is perfect for meal prepping. Once the soup cools down, place in individual containers and it will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator. We generally reheat in the microwave for a few minutes before serving again. These left overs can be frozen too. Just place in a freezer-safe airtight container and it will last up to 4 months in the freezer. When you are ready to enjoy, just thaw and reheat.
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.
You can find Victoria crocheting, quilting, and creating recipes. She has worked in restaurants for many years. Her many crochet patterns and quilt patterns are enjoyed by many. In her professional career, she has worked in management in a wide variety of businesses including higher education as a dean of a division. All the while attending college part-time to achieve her doctorate in higher education with an emphasis in e-learning.
Monday 17th of October 2022
4 or 5 pounds of hamburger? Are you sure? That is a lot of meat.
Tuesday 18th of October 2022
Yes, my family complains if there is too much liquid. So, I normally use a 4 or 5 pound package of hamburger. The are happy and no complaining, so I do use that much. However, you can save money by adding less hamburger if you wish. The recipe still turns out delicious. Vicky