This recipe for quick peanut butter balls is the most requested recipe I have. My family actually tries to stash them to keep other people from eating them.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page..
Easy Chocolate Candy with Big Taste
I have been making these peanut butter balls for probably 15-20 years now. Five ingredients away from big chocolate and peanut butter taste.
Smooth Peanut Butter and Chocolate
The peanut butter balls have a creamy peanut butter center. It is a very easy recipe to master. Peanut butter balls that have a crunchy center do not appeal to me. I like smooth peanut butter when having it on toast and for this recipe, it is no different; therefore, like a smooth peanut butter center. However, if you do like crunchy peanut butter, by all means use that instead of the smooth peanut butter for your recipe. Always make recipes the way you want to eat them.
Chilling the Filling
Once I mix the ingredients together, I do let it chill so it is easier to work with for forming the balls. In order to make the balls a more uniform size, I use a 1 inch cookie scoop for making the balls. It is kind of hard to find a smaller cookie scoop, I have spent many a day driving from store-to-store looking for the smaller size.
Melting the Chocolate
I melt the chocolate a minute at a time until melted in the microwave, and I use waxed paper to line a large cookie sheet and drop the peanut butter balls onto so they don’t stick when chilling and setting up. Since I make these mostly in the winter time, I put them in the garage for 30 minutes to set up. They remove easily and taste great.
Holiday Homemade Gift Giving
Chocolate Candy is to wonderful to receive.
These peanut butter balls are sought after by my family and co-workers too. Some family members are lucky enough to have their birthdays near the holiday. That means that they get their own container of peanut butter balls that they don’t have to share with anyone. I often pair these peanut butter balls with the English Toffee and Truffles when gift giving for co-workers. Quite often, the treats do not make it home.
More recently, we have started making these quick and delicious treats too. Rolo and Pretzel Turtles. Simple and yummy!
Quick Peanut Butter Balls
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups graham crackers crush until fine in a food processor, or purchase this already crushed in a box
- 24 oz peanut butter any kind, I prefer Jiff or Skippy Creamy
- 1/4 lb. butter soft (1 stick)
- 1-2 lbs. melting chocolate I prefer Ambrosia milk chocolate or you can use chocolate chips
- Mix together the powdered sugar, crushed graham cracker, peanut butter, and softened butter. Hint: you can mix the powdered sugar, crushed graham cracker, and softened butter first by use a food processor or a pastry cutter to help mix the ingredients thoroughly. Then add the peanut butter and mix it with a sturdy spoon.
- Chill about 1 hour until firm. (it will still be easy to work with). Kind of semi-firm. (I like to put the peanut butter filling in a plastic container to chill).
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl 1 minute at a time stirring in between. Normally 2-3 minutes total.
- Make small balls with the peanut butter mixture (I normally use a very small cookie scoop for nice even balls and to make them faster). Hint: when scooping the mixture, don’t just dig deep into the mixture as you might break your scoop. Instead, I kind of scrape the scoop over the mixture a few times to get the scoop full.
- I drop the balls into the melted chocolate and scoop them out using a teaspoon. I put them on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Cool until the chocolate hardens. Enjoy (I put my on a box in the garage until firm). When I made these in November and December, the weather is cool enough to do the job.
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.