This no-bake blueberry cheesecake dessert is perfect for any occasion and it always gets rave reviews. Enjoy this summertime favorite made with a no-bake cheesecake-style filling over a graham cracker crust and topped with fresh blueberries.
Post contains affiliate links and we earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page. For more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
It is deliciously fruity and creamy and almost impossible to resist having a second slice.
Easy Blueberry Dessert
If you love Blueberries, I have the perfect blueberry dessert for you. Made with a graham cracker crust, blueberry pie filling, and a creamy layer of cream cheese cheesecake, topped with fresh blueberries. Just scrumptious with a fresh fruit and creamy flavor.
We are lucky to have neighbors that go blueberry picking and when they have extra, they send them our way. One of my go-to recipes for using the fresh berries is this easy no-bake dessert. I feel it lets the fresh berries take center stage.
Kid Friendly Recipe
If you have a younger family member that is interested in cooking, this is a great starter recipe perfect for kids.
Easy Steps to Making the Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert
First, there is no baking required for this recipe. That is already a time-saving recipe in my world. In the summertime, it is a must to have these quick no-bake recipes at my fingertips. I love it when people enjoy the food I make and this one is definitely a crowd pleaser.
Make the Graham Cracker crust.
Crush the graham crackers by hand or use a food processor, better yet, buy them already crushed. Then just add the melted butter and sugar and press into the bottom of a 9 X 13- inch baking dish. Save just a bit for sprinkling on top of the dessert.
You could place this into the refrigerator while you are making the next layer to help the butter harden a bit and help set the crust. However, I have done this without refrigerating between the layers – I just need to be a bit more careful when spreading the layers on.
Make the Cheesecake Layer
Often, I see recipes call for heavy whipping cream or a whipped topping in this layer. I have found that if I add a small box of instant pudding mix, it sets up very nicely and there is no need to chill this layer to get it to set up.
Make sure that the cream cheese is room temperature and mix that with a mixer until creamy. Then add the powdered sugar, white chocolate instant pudding mix, whole milk, and vanilla extract. Blend that all together with the mixture.
Hint: This cream cheese mixture will spread over the graham cracker crust easier if you take a large spoonful and drop it on the crust before spreading.
Top with Blueberry Pie Filling
One of the things that helps make this an easy summer dessert is that I use canned blueberry pie filling. However, you can certainly make your own from scratch and use that. When adding this fruit layer, I use a large spoon to scoop it out and drop all over the creamy filling layer. It makes it much easier to spread.
Next is the Graham Cracker Topping
The little bit of graham cracker crust that was reserved is now used to sprinkle over the top of the blueberry pie filling. Just to make it pretty
Add the Fresh Blueberries
I think that this layer is one of the most important in terms of fresh blueberry taste. I use a whole pint and place the blueberries all over the top of the dessert.
Chilling the No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert
Letting this dessert chill in the refrigerator an hour or so will produce prettier squares. However, you can eat this right away, the squares will be a bit softer and not as show stopping.
Believe me, they will taste just as scrumptious whether you eat this right away or refrigerator.
However, if not eating right away or if you have leftovers, for food safety, please store this covered in the refrigerator.
Make Ahead Dessert
This no-bake dessert can be made up to two days ahead. Just cover and refrigerate. Make ahead desserts are wonderful for entertaining without stress.
Variations to the No-Bake Dessert Recipe
Swap out the graham crackers for vanilla wafer cookies. Just prepare them the same as you would the graham crackers.
Blueberry Pie Filling versus Canned Blueberries. They are not the same thing. The blueberry pie filling is already sweetened and thickened. Whereas the canned fruit is not. Therefore, make sure to look for canned “pie filling”.
Change up the fruit in the recipe; apple, strawberry, or cherry pie filling are delicious options. I just pair the fresh fruit used on top with the type of pie filling layer used.
No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert
- 2 Cups Graham Crackers crushed about 18 whole crackers reserve
- ½ Cup Butter melted, 1 stick
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3.3 Ounces White Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix can use vanilla, 1 box
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 21 Ounces Blueberry Pie Filling 1 can
- 1 Pint Fresh Blueberries for garnish
- If you are not using graham crackers that have already been crushed, go ahead, and crush them in a food processor or blender until it is a fine crumb. If you are using a food processor to crush the crackers, you can add the melted butter and sugar to that and pulse a few times to thoroughly mix.
- However, if you are using graham crackers that have already been crushed like I did today, just place those in a mixing bowl and add the sugar and mix. Then add the melted butter and mix to incorporate.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture in a 9 X 13 cake pan (reserving approximately ¼ cup) and press into the bottom of the pan.
- Next make the cream cheese layer. In a mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese and mix with a mixer until creamy. Then add the powdered sugar, instant pudding mix, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until all the ingredients are blended and creamy. It takes just a minute or two. Add this cream cheese mixture to the top of the graham cracker layer. Carefully spreading out to the edges of the pan.
- Add the blueberry pie filling layer next. Then sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker mixture. Top with the pint of fresh blueberries.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. I like to chill mine an hour before serving just to make sure that everything is set up.
Make Ahead DessertThis no-bake dessert can be made up to two days ahead. Just cover and refrigerate.
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.