A new family favorite. This savory green bean casserole consists of bacon and Asiago cheese that bring ordinary beans to the next level in culinary taste.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
New Holiday Side Dish?
While I do love the classic green bean casserole, this new savory green bean casserole sure does rank right up there. When the Holidays roll around again, I will have to ask the family which recipe they want served.
This recipe takes very little prep time and it is wonderful to pop in the oven while you are making the rest of the meal. We enjoyed having this with our mashed potatoes and meatloaf. Those recipes are here too…we just loved the combination.
Good quality cheese
There are so many options for cheese in Wisconsin. We are very lucky to live in a state that has award winning cheese. Creating new recipes with a wide variety of cheese is always fun. I saved some of the Asiago cheese and topped the individual servings with it. Really dressed up the presentation. If you are looking for an Asiago Cheese, here is a delicious option.
Bacon and Green Beans
My son-in-law is in love with any recipe that includes bacon. I had his approval as soon as I added bacon to the casserole. Do you have a bacon lover in your family? The photo above captures a delectable piece of bacon in the front too. enjoy –
Savory Green Bean Casserole
- 4 14.5 Oz. Cans French Cut Green Beans Or Frozen
- 5.3 Oz. Asiago Cheese Grated
- 8 Oz. bacon Cooked, drained, and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tbl. Minced garlic
- 3 Tbl. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tsp. pepper
- 3 Slices bread I used a potato bread – use what you like
- Drizzle Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 X 13 Pan with oil.
- In a large bowl combine the green beans, shredded cheese, cut up bacon, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper. (reserve about 1/4 Cup of the shredded cheese to top servings for presentation).
- Stir to combine the ingredients in the bowl. Add to the prepared 9 X 13 pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- While the green bean casserole is baking, Cut up the 3 bread slices into small cubes. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the bread cubes. Drizzle olive oil on the bread and stir to coat.
- After the green bean casserole has baked for 45 minutes, add the cubed bread to the top and bake for 15 more minutes until the bread is crispy.
- When serving, add the shredded cheese to the top of the servings for a beautiful presentation.
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.