This slow cooker creamy noodles and ground beef is easy to make and a satisfying comfort food type of meal. This is one to add to your go-to list when you have those busy and hectic days.
*Post contains affiliate links*at no additional cost to you for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Having simple recipes to feed the family just helps the day go so much better.
Pasta for Slow Cooker Recipes
When cooking pasta in a slow cooker, it can become mushy. Therefore, use a hearty pasta in your slow cooker recipe. Your family will thank you for it as your results will be so much better.
Slow Cooker Versus Stove Top
Life is busy and sometimes when you live in the country and ordering in is not an option. You need to find a way to get a meal on the table that the whole family will eat and is easy at the same time.
This can be made on the stove top much quicker. Use a large 12-inch skillet with a lid. Just brown the beef and add the other ingredients. Cover and let simmer until the pasta is done. Plan on approximately 45 minutes for the stove top method.
Using Frozen Hamburger in Slow Cooker
She was able to add the hamburger frozen to the slow cooker and break up the hamburger about once every half hour without having to stand over the stove or worry about it burning while other things were getting accomplished.
Normally, she would add more color to this recipe with a variety of vegetables; however, today was quite busy and she only added mushrooms near the end.
This meal can still be well-rounded by serving this with a side salad or some coleslaw. If you have any family members that have a sweet tooth, a quick dessert may do the trick for them at the end of the meal or a snack later.
Here is a recipe for a quick coleslaw.
Looking for a quick dessert? Try these chocolate caramel rice krispie bars
In the last 30 minutes to 1 hour of cooking time in the slow cooker, you can also add mushrooms, green peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, or some other vegetable that you would like to add.
You could also top this with a bit of grated Parmesan cheese or fresh parsley for a nice finish.
Can You Cook Pasta in a Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can. Here are a few tips I have to share with you for the best results.
Here are my top tips for cooking pasta in a slow cooker.
Add pasta in raw. Do not pre-c00k.
Hearty Pastas work best in a slow cooker meal when cooking for longer periods of time. Noodles such as elbow macaroni and egg noodles require less cooking time.
The key to avoiding too soft of a noodle is to check the slow cooker near the end of the cook time. Since some cook faster, it might be best to turn off the slow cooker earlier than others like a ziti which will have a bit longer cooking time.
Slow Cooker Creamy Noodles and Ground Beef
- 16 Ounces Ground Beef Family size or 2 cans
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons Onions Minced
- 16 Ounces cream of mushroom soup Family size can or 2 cans
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 12 Ounces Noodles of your choice
- 1-1 1/2 Cups water or milk
- 12 Ounces sliced mushrooms
- Add hamburger, water, and minced onions to the slow cooker and cook on low 2 hours. Occasionally breaking up the hamburger as it cooks. (In this recipe, the hamburger was put into the slow cooker frozen. If using fresh hamburger, the cooking time is only 1 hour on low).
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and water or milk and cook another 30 minutes on low.
- Add noodles with the additional water and cook another 30 minutes on low.
- This time mushrooms were added in the last 30 minutes too. You don’t have to, but you could certainly add any other vegetable to this in the last hour.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if you have any on hand.
Your Own Private Notes
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.
Thursday 27th of October 2022
16 ounces of ground beef, one large or two small cans??
Thursday 27th of October 2022
I use what I have on hand for the soup sometimes, it is one large family size can, other times, it is two smaller cans. I think the smaller size is 10.75 ounces. Vicky