This Swedish Cream Recipe is a thick and creamy dessert. Fresh taste. Achieve easy elegance for your next Holiday or party.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Swedish cream is a mixture of sour and fresh cream, is akin to crème fraîche, and much quicker to make.
Delicious Holiday or Party Dessert
This thick and creamy dessert is a cross between pudding and ice cream. It is creamy, a little sweet with just a hint of vanilla and almond. Pair this with berries on top.
Serving Ideas for This Creamy Dessert
This recipe is from my daughter. She has made it for Mother’s Day a few times now. It pairs well with everything else she makes for my brunch. Any Holiday or family gathering would be the perfect occasion to serve this to your guests.
How about a special event at work? Bring it in a larger container with fresh fruit on the side. Let the people serve themselves. Bet you get asked for the recipe…
Just look at the photo. Smooth and creamy – almost like ice cream. Add some berries or chocolate even and have a wonderful dessert that everyone is sure to enjoy.
Dress up the dessert by serving it in a fancy glass or cup to match the occasion.
Make this Rich and Creamy Dessert Ahead of time
Often, our to-do list during the Holiday or any other part planning occasion is very long. Help take the pressure off the day of the event. This can be made up to three days ahead of time. Once cooked, portion into serving container. The day of, place the fresh fruit on top and serve.
Make sure to use a thermometer to tell when the mixture is warm enough.
When adding the gelatin, sprinkle on the top and immediately whisk the mixture until dissolved. If this is not done, the gelatin will wither clump or it will leave a grainy texture in the cream.
Simple Ingredients for a Fresh Dessert
Simple Swedish Cream
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Envelope Unflavored gelatin
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp. Almond Extract
- 1-2 Cups Fresh Berries Can be strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or any other fruit you wish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the heavy whipping cream with the sugar. Cook and continuously stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit. DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top of the mixture and immediately whisk until the gelatin is dissolved. Approximately 2 minutes to be sure.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extract. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in the sour cream. Divide into 8 dessert cups and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Add cut up fruit just before serving. Turn a cute cup into a cute dessert cup.
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.