My daughter made this cucumber salsa this past week. This is more like a crisp cucumber salad. It is so light, refreshing, and scrumptious. We ate half the bowl ourselves. So, I just have to share this recipe with you.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
This refreshing salad makes a great appetizer for a party too.
I have a scrumptious and healthy recipe for you today thanks to my daughter. This cucumber salsa is a perfect recipe for summer. Not only is it refreshing; even more importantly, it is deliciously addictive as a salsa and snack.
Ratio of Fresh Herbs to Dry Herbs
This recipe calls for fresh herbs; however, if you do not have any on hand, do not be discouraged. You can still make this delicious recipe.
According to Martha Stewart, there is a general rule when it comes to the ratio of fresh to dry. Due to the dry herbs being more potent and concentrated than their fresh counterparts; you will need less of the dried version. She recommends using 3 times the amount of fresh herbs to dry.
Cucumber Appetizer – Fresh Taste
English Cucumbers for Recipes
English Cucumbers; I just happen to like them better because they have a thinner skin, smaller seeds, and are a bit crunchier than the Pole Cucumber. There is also like the uniformity of the cucumber. The English cucumber has a thin layer of plastic to protect it. I believe that is to protect it a bit more because the skin is a bit thin. Sometimes I peel them and other times, I do not peel the cukes. This cucumber is less bitter; therefore, they are perfect for salads or this delicious recipe. If you like this cucumber salsa recipe, this cucumber recipe might be of interest to you.
Scrumptious Cucumber Salsa
- 2 Cups Cucumbers Diced
- 1 Medium Tomato Diced–remove the seeds if desired — or use 1 cup of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 Cup Onion Red or Sweet Vadilia Diced
- 2 TBL Fresh Parsley Minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro Minced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper Remove the seeds and dice finely—optional
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced — if using the garlic preminced from a jar use 1 Tbl.
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Lime Juice
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp. Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, onion, parsley, jalapeno, cilantro and garlic.
- In another bowl combine the salsa dressing ingredients – sour cream, lemon and lime juices, ground cumin, and Lawry’s Seasoned Salt. Mix together and pour over the salsa ingredients.
- We served these with tortilla chips; however, this could be eaten by itself as a salad on a lettuce leaf. Or served on crackers as an appetizer.
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you! I hope that you liked this recipe.
If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.