My daughter made this cucumber salsa this past week. This is more like a crisp cucumber salad. It is so light, refreshing, and scrumptious. We ate half the bowl ourselves. So, I just have to share this recipe with you.
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
This refreshing salad makes a great appetizer for a party too.
I have a scrumptious and healthy recipe for you today thanks to my daughter. This cucumber salsa is a perfect recipe for summer. Not only is it refreshing; even more importantly, it is deliciously addictive as a salsa and snack.
Ratio of Fresh Herbs to Dry Herbs
This recipe calls for fresh herbs; however, if you do not have any on hand, do not be discouraged. You can still make this delicious recipe.
According to Martha Stewart, there is a general rule when it comes to the ratio of fresh to dry. Due to the dry herbs being more potent and concentrated than their fresh counterparts; you will need less of the dried version. She recommends using 3 times the amount of fresh herbs to dry.
Cucumber Appetizer – Fresh Taste
English Cucumbers for Recipes
English Cucumbers; I just happen to like them better because they have a thinner skin, smaller seeds, and are a bit crunchier than the Pole Cucumber. There is also like the uniformity of the cucumber. The English cucumber has a thin layer of plastic to protect it. I believe that is to protect it a bit more because the skin is a bit thin. Sometimes I peel them and other times, I do not peel the cukes. This cucumber is less bitter; therefore, they are perfect for salads or this delicious recipe. If you like this cucumber salsa recipe, this cucumber recipe might be of interest to you.
Scrumptious Cucumber Salsa
- 2 Cups Cucumbers Diced
- 1 Medium Tomato Diced–remove the seeds if desired — or use 1 cup of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 Cup Onion Red or Sweet Vadilia Diced
- 2 TBL Fresh Parsley Minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro Minced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper Remove the seeds and dice finely—optional
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced — if using the garlic preminced from a jar use 1 Tbl.
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Lime Juice
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp. Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, onion, parsley, jalapeno, cilantro and garlic.
- In another bowl combine the salsa dressing ingredients – sour cream, lemon and lime juices, ground cumin, and Lawry’s Seasoned Salt. Mix together and pour over the salsa ingredients.
- We served these with tortilla chips; however, this could be eaten by itself as a salad on a lettuce leaf. Or served on crackers as an appetizer.
Your Own Private Notes
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you! I hope that you liked this recipe.
If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.
You can find Victoria crocheting, quilting, and creating recipes. She has worked in restaurants for many years. Her many crochet patterns and quilt patterns are enjoyed by many. In her professional career, she has worked in management in a wide variety of businesses including higher education as a dean of a division. All the while attending college part-time to achieve her doctorate in higher education with an emphasis in e-learning.