This amazing chicken salad is just the perfect combination of chicken, creaminess, and crunch. Even better; it is ready in just minutes!
*Post contains affiliate links* for more information please read the disclaimer on the About Us page.
Easy Home Cooking Options
Whether we are eating at home or feeding a crowd, quick and easy recipes are always good to have in your recipe box. We love great lunch and snack options and this recipe is just perfect for any occasion.
Quick Make-Ahead Family Meals
Make this on the weekend and have for a few days during the week. Keep refrigerated so it stays fresh. Great for a grab and go lunch choice on a busy schedule.
Add Fresh Ingredients
This chicken salad is terrific all on its own; however, dress it up with additional fresh ingredients and the taste factor goes right over the top. In the photo above, this is served with fresh avocado, cherry tomatoes, and fried corn tortilla. I had made one yesterday and my husband complained I did not make him one. Well, my daughter only brought over enough for one…I had the salad on crackers the day before. However, my lovely daughter brought some more over today and my husband enjoyed his tortilla with chicken salad too. Here are a few other ideas on some delicious foods to add:
- Dried Fruits, such as Crainsins or Raisins
- Nuts, such as Almonds, Cashews, Pecans, or Walnuts
Additional serving options can be in a flour or whole wheat wrap, a large lettuce leaf would be wonderful wrapped around this salad.
Tips on Dicing an Avocado
I used to struggle with cutting the fruit. My fingers would get all messy when scooping out the flesh. Then when I tried to slice and dice the fruit, it would become very slippery in my fingers. However; recently, I watched a food show and the chef showed how to dice an avocado without getting your hands and the cutting board all full of the avocado flesh. As you can see in the photo above, I cut the fruit in half. Then use a knife and make the diced slices right inside the outer shell. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Quick and easy.
Serving Salad on Corn Tortilla
If you want to serve your chicken salad on a corn tortilla like I did, it is very easy to do. I use my cast iron pan and get some vegetable oil hot – about 300 degrees. Place the tortilla in the pan and fry on one side approximately 45 seconds. Flip and fry on the other side. Place on a paper towel and pat the oil off. It will be slightly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. But the additional corn flavor I think just adds something to this that is a great combination.
How Long Will This Chicken Salad Last?
This salad salad will last refrigerated for 3-4 days in a storage container. However, for food safety, do not leave this out at room temperature. Always refrigerate as soon as you can.
- This recipe takes a total time of 15 minutes to throw together, but the flavors meld together better if you refrigerate it for at least an hour.
- If you don’t have time to cook the chicken yourself you can use a rotisserie chicken.
- You can use fresh chicken or canned chicken for this recipe.
Actually, when my daughter brought over this delicious salad, I had to dig in with a spoon. When your daughter begins to turn into an amazing cook, it is a wonderful feeling. I get to enjoy her food often. So yummy!
Amazing Chicken Salad
- 4 Cups Shredded Chicken
- 2 Green Onions Chopped
- 1 Carrot Shredded
- 2 Bell Peppers Diced (can be green, yellow, orange, or red-add some lovely color)
- 2 Stalks Celery Diced
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Miracle Whip
- 2 TBL. Milk
- 1 TBL. Fresh Dill Chopped
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Minced (or 1 Tsp. garlic powder)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all six ingredients for the chicken salad, including any additional ingredients you have decided to add.
- Put all of the avocado dressing ingredients into a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Pour this mixture over the chicken salad and toss to coat.
- Place the mixed chicken salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for one hour before eating. (if you can resist). Enjoy.
A few of my favorite things
The Power of Positivity
If you loved this post, please share. It helps to show me that these types of posts are helpful – thank you!
I hope that you liked this recipe. If you are looking for more ideas on what to make, here are a few other recipes that you may enjoy.